Educational Technology is responsible for helping faculty and students incorporate technology into the learning process, exploring and evaluating emerging technologies for pedagogical value, and maintaining a specialized media lab used by faculty, staff and students to create multimedia and digital materials.
Specifically, Educational Technology can help instructors:
- get ideas for updating a course,
- learn about new technologies,
- learn how to best use existing technologies,
- find a solution to a teaching concern,
- plan a technology-enhanced project,
- find resources needed to carry out a project, or
- evaluate the impact of technology on teaching.
Educational Technology is a department within the Office of Information Technology and reports to the Chief Information and Planning Officer.
The department’s goal is to empower faculty and students in their effective use of technology to enhance teaching and learning.
Location and Facilities
Location: Burton D. Morgan Hall Fourth Floor, digital MEDIA lab-Taylor 205, CoRE
(between the hours of 6:00PM-2:00AM M-F, and
12:00PM-2:00AM Sa/Su you will need your swipe card
to access the building.)
Educational Technologists are available from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
Student Technology Assistants are available generally from 12:00 PM – 12:00 AM Sunday – Thursday and 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM Friday at the Digital Media Bar in CoRE.