With stacks and stacks of paper on your desk, in bulging folders – waiting to be read and returned to your students, going paperless just might help your sanity along with helping the environment.
- Make all of your course materials available online including your syllabus. Avoid handing out any papers that can be posted online. Woodle provides an easy way to post materials.
- Take advantage of the “Scan to E-mail” feature on campus copiers which will send a .pdf version of a document to your campus E-mail address. For more information contact the Help Desk.
- Use woodle’s assignment feature – instructors can create assignments in woodle where students can submit electronic versions of their assignments. Woodle assignments will also automatically create gradebook entries.
- Try using a tablet pc – tablet pcs offer the advantage of using a pen display. It may not be just like writing on a paper – but you can still markup assignments in your own handwriting.
- Use a laptop instead of a desktop computer – studies have shown that laptops use considerably less energy than traditional desktop computers.
- If you do need to print consider using the duplex feature on most campus printers.